Rather than list everything I’ve ever done, below are snapshots of assignments that show the scope and variety of my work. The complete picture is in my CV. If you’d like a copy, contact me here.
Six ways I’ve added value
- Directed communications for a global business NGO project, managing communications agencies in Beijing, Washington, London and Brussels to deliver record-breaking levels of top tier media exposure (incl. BBC R4/TV, FT, NY Times, China Business Daily)
- Trained 25 managers at Sony to improve media interview performance; trained the board of a London-based executive search firm on social media use; trained the co-founders of a fast-growth tech firm enabling them to deploy PR and Comms more effectively
- Generated revenue valued at 50 times the cost of my services for a professional services client – see case study; secured £360,000 extra fee income for a leading London communications agency
- Interviewed CEOs of companies backed by Europe’s largest private equity firm to create powerful leadership transformation stories, validating the firm’s reputation for impact investing
- Launched a seemingly dull industrial material using a topical story peg to secure national print and broadcast publicity, and new customers, for a European steel manufacturer
- Designed and ran a qualitative UK market research study for a European construction products manufacturer. Results supported a reoriented sales strategy, uncovered hidden customer needs, and new sales opportunities
Public relations is still about dialogue, trust, relationships, and reputation: what you actually do, and not just what you say. And marketing remains, at its core, about identifying and satisfying customer needs profitably. Yes, communications channels have changed and are more fragmented. But people haven’t. This means activities and tactics that worked effectively in the past are just as important as ever.
I may propose we bring in others in my network who specialise in tactical activities such as SEO, web design, social media, influencer marketing, video production, and so on. I can help manage and co-ordinate if needed.
My value is that I have no siloed or digital-biased thinking. I offer a thorough understanding of what’s possible but from an objective position. This is important: ask a butcher what to have for dinner and the answer is unlikely to be salad!
I also work with trusted consultants who bring complementary skills and experience, when needed.
It’s important to point out that I offer both advice and implementation – in the UK, main EU markets, and further afield.
Ask me. If I can’t help, then I’ll say so.
I never accept work I can’t handle effectively.
And if I can’t help, I’ll probably know someone reliable who can.